Having trouble getting started with the Dev Kit

timothyrcullen

Hi everyone:

First, I've been in IT since 2002 and have worked with all kinds of devices (including Raspberry Pi's and Arduinos), so I don't feel like I'm a noob (but I guess we'll find out soon enough :D). I bought the QuickFeather Dev Kit a couple of weeks ago and am having some issues getting Windows 10 to recognize it and assign a port. Here is the OS I'm running, the things I've attempted thus far, and at least one strange thing I noticed:

Machine has 12 cores and 72GB of memory

When I first plugged in the board the light came on but wasn't white-it was a fuscia/dark pink that faded off immediately. I hit the reset button and the blue light blinked for about five seconds. I opened Device Manager and saw neither a port that had been assigned or an unknown device (aside from COM1 and LPT1 which were already present). I pressed the reset button a number of times but nothing happened. I then rebooted my machine and tried the same steps above, but the same thing occurred again. Just to make sure the board wasn't on COM1 I used to Putty to connect to it but nothing happened. I rebooted a second time, opened Device Manager, and this time I see "Other devices" with a question mark and a serial port under it with a question mark. I tried updating the driver but that didn't work either. I again pressed the reset button a few times and have powered the board off and back on a few times as well. I'm now stuck!

I've downloaded nothing so far. Has anyone else experienced a situation like this? If so, then could you provide some guidance on what might be going on? Any assistance/information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!

Tim Cullen
anthony-ql

Please try to plug the board to a USB 3.0 Hub. This works for some people.
timothyrcullen

Thanks! I need to move my USB 3.0 hub and will give it a try-TC