Clarification on Flash requirements

Micah68

It has been a while since I have worked with serial communications equipment so a little more information would help in my case. Can you please clarify the connection required to flash the quickfeather device? It seems the provided USB-to-TTL serial converter needs to be used to flash the unit, and this will be done using a serial port on the PC. Should I purchase a serial breakout cable/board and wire those pins to the provided USB-to-TTL serial converter, which will then (using a cable I will provide) plug into the Micro-USB port on the quickfeather board? Any pin-outs, connections or recommended items to purchase will help clarify this for me. Videos, instructions, how-to's are apreciated. Thanks!
anthony-ql

The QuickFeather is shipped with the bootloader, Flashing via USB (flashload) and helloworldSW application. When power on the device, the blue LED will flash for 5 seconds; if the user button is pressed during the wait time, the device goes into loadflash mode. Application Tiny FPGAProgrammer is used to load the new binaries to the QuickFeather board.

The microUSB port on the QuickFeather is connected to the EOS S3 FPGA that is preload with a USB2Serial IP (in the flashload application). The TimyFPGAProgrammer communicated to this port using the PC assigned COM port #. This is one way to load new design to the QuickFeather Flash device.

In the QORC-SDK application, there is an example of using the QuickFeather UART port for loading the flash device. To use this mode, a USB to UART (with 3-wires or 4-wires) can be used. I would recommend to use UART cable that is Win10 compatible. We find the cable that used SiliconLab works best with QuickFeather applications.