simple GPIO and SensiML interfacing

Shapy

Hello There!
I am working on a project where I am collecting data from 3 sensors, which I need to make inferences. But due to me being unable to figure out how to program the Quickfeather for my requirement, I am stuck. I watched the first webinar but haven't been able to figure out still. I have 2 analog sensors, one of them working in 0-50mV range, and a digital sensor that need to be interfaced with the Quickfeather. I have tried to find relevant documentation but have been really unsuccessful, mostly due to my lack of experience in regards with Embedded C and RTOS. All I managed was a page mentioning about GPIO and videos about DCL and requirements of modifications to the .ssf file. Can anyone please enlighten me what I could do to move forward in my project? Any help or suggestion is much appreciated. :?
Thanks!
jmoore

You could use the Qwiic interface to utilize the ADS1015 board for the analog sensors, and another i2c connection for the digital sensor, if possible.
Shapy

@jmoore Thanks for your suggestion! I have converted all my signals to analog and am now planning to send them to the Quickfeather using the ADS1015. Will try it out and probably ask you for help again! Thanks in advance!
Cheers! :D
Shapy

Hello @jmoore. I have been continuing my work on my project. I used an ADS1015 to stream 3 sensors' data to the Quickfeather. I managed to follow the documentation for the Simple Streaming Interface project and despite the documentation not being in very detailed, I managed to make the necessary changes to remove multiple errors. But when I am executing the make command, it exits with an error. I did a make clean and make again but I am still getting the same error. I have attached a screenshot of the terminal. Please offer your expertise with what I can do to solve this error as I am unable to figure out the issue here.
Attachments
Make command output
Make command output
Screenshot from 2021-02-14 16-54-50.png (318.44 KiB) Viewed 18854 times
murthy.vedula

From the error It appears that functions in SparkFun_ADS1015_Arduino_Library.cpp are compiled twice. Please verify that these functions are included in only one source file.
Shapy

Hello!
@murthy.vedula thanks for your input. I have been trying to figure out the issue, but I followed the guide for interfacing the ADS1015 on github again and got the same results. If it isn't too much to ask, could you please take a look at my C++ files that are supposed to be modified according to the guide. Also I am attaching a log file with the complete teminal output of the make command. Could you please give me specific directions how to correct this. I don't have much experience with embedded C but was really excited by the competition theme and my project idea and would like to definitely complete it.
Thanks!
Attachments
log.zip
(5.18 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
source_files.zip
(12.97 KiB) Downloaded 474 times
anthony-ql

Has passed your request along to Murthy.
murthy.vedula

@Shapy

Reviewed the source_files.zip, please remove the following Line#39 in sensor_ssss.cpp

#include "SparkFun_ADS1015_Arduino_Library.cpp"

The above statement is causing this to be compiled twice.
Shapy

@murthy.vedula
Thank you very much! I tried your suggestion and it work now. Now I can proceed further. Thanks once again! :D
Cheers!
Shapy

Hello @murthy.vedula!
I am trying to use an Adafruit ADC with it's specific modified Cpp library for reading analog sensor values and have made the necessary changes indicated online and the 1st webinar. But I am not receiving any JSON string to read on serial. Could u suggest any possible areas where I might have messed up to cause the JSON string not coming at all? Can only Sparkfun ADCs be used?
Thanks!