trying to connect using BLE UART - need help

mhanuel

Hi,

I am trying to use BLE as connection, I have a device that is an BLE UART, I have modified the SSF file for that, but after loading the SSF file and adding the device and trying to search for devices, the dialog shows nothing. Does the SW will use the computer BLE device or is there a way to specify an external dongle? How this might work.

My SSF section of BLE is

Code: Select all

"device_connections": [
        {
            "display_name": "BLE Serial Port",
            "value": 0,
            "is_default": true,
            "bluetooth_le_configuration": {
                "service_uuid": "e093f3b5-00a3-a9e5-9eca-40016e0edc24",
                "char_tx_uuid": "e093f3b5-00a3-a9e5-9eca-40026e0edc24",
                "char_rx_uuid": "e093f3b5-00a3-a9e5-9eca-40036e0edc24",
                "max_live_sample_rate": 1000
            }
        },
jmoore

Saw your cross-post link on the Hackster discussion.

https://www.hackster.io/contests/quickf ... ent-152874

The QuickFeather outputs it's serial data at 460800. You can change it in firmware, but the native Data Capture Lab plugin also expects the device to be running at 460800 (using a custom import, this shouldn't matter for you).
mhanuel

Hi jmoore,

I understand the speed but I am just trying to connect BLE using the SSF, how does this affect it?

Thanks
jmoore

Currently we don't have a direct BLE -> DCL with simple streaming. Our initial board that we implemented with was an Arduino that had issues connecting to Windows 10 BLE libraries. And with our Simple Stream Gateway, it fell a bit by the wayside.

There is a workaround if you have a RPi or a Linux machine with Bluetooth capability: https://github.com/sensiml/simple-streaming-gateway

This would let you use a wifi connection to stream.

Do you happen to have a link to the module you're using? I would have to have something similar to be able to debug here.