Connection problems.

battlecoder

Today I got the USB 3.0 PCIe card, and now the QuickFeather board works on my computer. As you can see it's a really generic card and nothing out of the ordinary. This makes me believe it wasn't a driver or an Operating System issue. It was definitely the USB 2.0 ports of my PC.

usb_3.0_PCIe_sm.jpg
usb_3.0_PCIe_sm.jpg (142.98 KiB) Viewed 8319 times

To be clear: I definitely had problems with the bootloader that came with the QuickFeather. Before re-flashing the board it wasn't working on any of my machines, so the J-Link reflash was a necessary step. However once I got that done, the QuickFeather board was only working on the machines with USB 3.0 ports (that I couldn't quite use for development). That's why I bought this, and it fortunately fixed the issue for me.
MaxPower

It's good that you did it. Now I also need to order a PCI board. Which wire do you use with QuickLogic USB2.0 or USB3.0?
battlecoder

My cables are probably USB 2.0. None of them came from fast or modern devices. I've seen other people report that the cable "version" doesn't make a difference so you should be fine with whatever you have. I'm not expert in cables, but if anything I expect USB 3.0 cables to support more current and that's it.